DIFFERENT CITY – SMART CITY. National Debate 2017 -2020
The 2nd Edition
October 24, 2017
Terra Hall, Ramada Plaza Hotel, Bucharest
WITH THE SUPPORT OF
In Romania there are 103 municipalities and 300 cities with the potential of smart city
Are the cities and their infrastructure ready?
We come back this year with a new edition of the event to discuss several issues: what is the state of smart city development, what are the future projects on smart city field, what are the needs and what solutions are offered by the private companies.
We will discuss again about how a city can become smart, how can a city to put the technological force at the service of economic development in order to offer a better life for its citizens and to save resources.
Smart City is a project based on the development of partnerships with associations, companies, R&D institutes, universities and, last but not least, the volunteers who will jointly contribute to building smart cities and increasing the quality of citizens’ lives
The conference aims to create a platform for interaction and knowledge exchange among the key actors involved in urban development issues, namely:
(a) citizens and policy makers;
(b) scientific community; and
(c) industry and local stakeholders.
This interaction will support the building of bonds of both horizontal nature (within the above groups, e.g. cities, industry, academia) and vertical nature (among cities, academia and industry), opening up a range of new opportunities and challenges for future cooperation.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
City and Citizens / Authorities
Chambers and Associations
Academia / Universities / Research Centers / Institutes / Academic Societies
Industry/ Service providers/ SME’s / Startups/ Professionals/ Experts
Energy/ Transport / ICT / Water / Environment / Spatial planning / Buildings / Tourism
CONFERENCE AGENDA – DAY 1 – October 24, 2017 (Draft)
Ramada Plaza Hotel, Bucharest
9:00-9:30 Registration & Welcome Coffee
9:30-10:00 Opening Session
- Mr. Marius Bostan, Former Minister of Communications and Information Society, founding member of FNTM, Romania
- Ambassador Stella Ronner-Grubačić – Netherlands Embassy in Bucharest
- Mr. Marius Hanganu, President of Different Angle Cluster
10:00-11:00 Session I- The current level of intelligent development of the Romanian cities
- Mr. Robert Sorin Negoita, Mayor of Bucharest’s Sector 3
- Mr. Mircea Hava, Mayor of Alba Iulia, Romania
- Mr. Mihai Chirica, Mayor of Iași, Romania
- Mr. Toma Constantin, Mayor of Buzău, Romania
- Mr. Daniel-Ștefan Drăgulin, Mayor of Călărași, Romania
- Mr. Ion Lungu, Mayor of Suceava, Romania
The city representatives (Mayors, City Managers, Technical Directors / IT & C Directors) will be invited to discuss the state of smart investments and future projects, needs&issues encountered.
11:00 -11.30 Coffee break
11.30 -12:30 Keynote Speakers
- Mr. Adri Wischmann, IoT Nederland, Netherlands
- Drs. Manon Jütte, Alliander, Netherlands – Smart City Governance: technology owns the city, but who owns the city? IOT Architecture of a Smart City,
- Mr. Leon Smet, Secretary Nursery Stock at Royal Anthos, Netherlands – The added value and importance of green in urban development,
12:30-13:30 Session II – We have various solutions. How do we integrate them?
- Business community proposals for local governments.
- How do we use and protect the collected data?
- Smart City project financing.
13.30 -14:30 Business Lunch & Networking
14.30 -16:00 Parallel sessions on specific smart city topics
Session 1: Infrastructure: energy, water, transport, environment
- Effective energy use, green power generation solutions, surplus storage solutions, smart public lighting
- Smart water management: telecontrol, loss management, sequential charging, interconnection of water distribution networks
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Intelligent parking, traffic monitoring and fluidization, reducing travel time
Session 2: Intelligent Administration – Satisfied Citizens (Debureaucratization, Digitization, Health, Education, Tourism, Security)
- Mr. Serban Țîr, Vice President Different Angle Custer
- Mr. Dragos Nedelea, Head of Business Development – Smart City and E-Health, Telekom România
Session 3: Smart Buildings, Urban Planning
CONFERENCE AGENDA – DAY 2 – October 25, 2017
Bilateral business meetings
Administration Club, No. 2 Dumbrava Roşie Street, District 2, Bucharest
Direct discussions between city representatives and smart city providers. Participants can set up future partnerships and discuss applied to speed up the implementation processes, offering business and contracting methods and models. The business environment must be present in identifying the needs of urban communities that can be addressed through smart technologies and ongoing development.
ACCESS TO THE EVENT
As a Participant:
Participation Fee 450 lei + VAT (includes conference access, 3 coffee breaks & lunch, Next Day Breakfast, promotional materials)
To sign up, you need to fill in
To guarantee the highest possible level of coverage and visibility, only few companies will be chosen to serve as Event Sponsors. Benefits of being a sponsor include prominent exposure in the Conference, Newsletters, Press Release, Website and Social Media.
To become a Partner, please contact us now at firstname.lastname@example.org
October 24, 2017
Terra Hall, Ramada Plaza Hotel
Polygraphic Boulevard 3-5, District 1, Bucharest
25 October 2017
Bilateral Business Meetings
No. 2 Dumbrava Roşie Street, District 2, Bucharest